Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Address labels for document identification

Today's Geneaology was something I did yesterday and the day before. I was going through the photocopied documents needed for my DAR supplemental application. On the back of each photocopy should be your name and other identifying information in case papers get separated it is known to whom they belong.

I took some Office Depot return address labels-the 1/2 x 1 3/4" size and made up a template on Avery.com with the needed info. I typed in my name, my DAR number, and my DAR chapter name. I think I could have put my ancestor's name as well, but I didn't.

I also did the same thing for all the documents I'm turning into the National Society Children of the American Revolution. I'm in the process of submitting thirteen applications. Two for my youngest sons and eleven for some of my grandchildren.

When I first submitted my DAR app I wrote on every single document the needed info. This was a lot less time consuming and looks much neater.

It looked like this: Vikki Grieshaber  DAR#----------
                               Letitia Coxe Shelby Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment