Sunday, December 14, 2014

Research Checklist

Yesterday I found a Research Checklist that I could work with. It's from the Midwest Genealogy Center and you can find it here: Research Checklist

I received my dad's birth certificate from the state of Michigan yesterday. Since he is deceased I had to send them the death certificate before they would release the birth certificate to me. Someone from their vital record office called me and told me he would hold on to my application for the bc,  I could fax it or email it to him when I received it from the state of Texas.

Today I uploaded the death certificate to Ancestry.com and to our family fb genealogy page. I also uploaded some other documents to his record as well.

I'm ordering birth certificates from Kentucky and Michigan tonight. Kentucky docs are $10 while Michigan docs are $34. Go figure.

Yours for Today's Genealogy-
Vikki

No comments:

Post a Comment