Sunday, January 25, 2015

Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates

I received the birth and death certificates for my four paternal grandparents, and their marriage certificates. These were all from Michigan. I had to send a photocopy of my driver's license as well as birth certificates of mine and my father to show that we are related to those whose names appear in the docs.

This week I filled out the paperwork for my paternal great-grandparents. I am dealing with a new state which is New York so their process is a little different. I think my great-grandfather was born one year after they started keeping records. I'm hoping that his birth year is accurate and they have the certificate I want.

I've been working on the Hollister Family which I found goes back to the Revolutionary War and before that England.

I've been in contact with relatives that match me in 23andMe. That's always interesting as we learn which relatives we have in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment