Thursday, December 27, 2018

Joining the Daughters of the American Revolution

Earlier this year my application to join the Daughters of the American Revolution was approved! I swore in and took my oath in February joining the Letitia Coxe Shelby Chapter here in San Diego County.

I had been trying to go through a paternal line that had a bit of trouble with the documentation. After a phone conversation with my mom she sent me in a different direction. I was now going through my maternal line. My great-aunt belonged to DAR, and I only needed to prove my lineage to her! That was easy! I already had birth certificates for myself, my husband, my mom, and birth and death certificates for my dad, grandparents. I then showed where my grandfather and great-aunt were brother and sister. 

I had attended a meeting before my swearing in and so was happy to join these lovely ladies. I am now the Chaplain for our chapter. I've been able to attend monthly chapter meetings, district luncheons, and a service day. 

I have my ribbon with my official pins. My ancestor is my 4th great-grandfather Elihu Hickok. 





I've recently turned in a supplemental application for my patriot Thomas Comstock who was Elihu's father-in-law which would make Thomas my 5th great-grandfather.

     My lineage for Elihu Hickok:

                 Elihu Hickok (Sabra Comstock)
|
Amanda Hickok
|
William Harmon Wheeler
|
Jennie Sarah Wheeler
|
Harold Arthur Morgan
|
Merrilyn Jean Morgan
|
Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

             My lineage for Thomas Comstock:

                   Thomas Comstock (Sarah Comstock-his cousin)
|
Sabra Comstock
|
Amanda Hickok
|
William Harmon Wheeler
|
Jennie Sarah Wheeler
|
Harold Arthur Morgan
|
Merrilyn Jean Morgan
|
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment